The Sabarimala Temple is a temple complex located at Sabarimala hill inside the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Perinad Village, Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India. It is one of the largest annual pilgrimage sites in the world with an estimate of over 40 to 50 million devotees visiting every year. The temple is dedicated to a Hindu Brahmachari (Celibate) deity Ayyappan also known as Dharma Shasta, who according to belief is the son of Shiva and Mohini, the feminine incarnation of Vishnu. The traditions of Sabarimala are a confluence of Shaivism, Vaishnavism, and other Śramaṇa traditions.
The temple is situated on a hilltop amidst eighteen hills at an altitude of 1260 m (4,134 ft) above sea level, and is surrounded by mountains and dense forests. The dense forest, part of the Periyar Tiger Reserve, around the temple is known as Poongavanam. Temples exist in each of the hills surrounding Sabarimala. While functional and intact temples exist at many places in the surrounding areas like Nilakkal, Kalaketty, and Karimalai, remnants of old temples survive to this day on remaining hills.
Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Official Website:
The official website is https://sabarimalaonline.org/
Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Darshan Tickets Online Booking
Step by step process to Book Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Online Darshan Tickets (Virtual Q Tokens)
- Step 1: Visit the Sabarimala Online Booking official website – https://sabarimalaonline.org/
- Step 2: On the homepage, select the login or register link
- Step 3: The page will provide two options: member login or sign up.
- Step 4: If you’re registered, click the member login button to proceed
- Step 5: Enter your username and password to login.
- Step 6: Then Book your Darshan Tickets Online.
If new members, click on the Register button
- Next Step : Enter all required information to complete the registration process. Like First name and last name, email address, mobile number, id proof, and id number.
- Next Step: Enter the password details and create password to login.
- Next Step: Then login to proceed to Booking online.
Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Darshan Timings:
DARSHAN TIMINGS (Timings can be slightly different on special days)
Opening in the morning 4:00 AM
Nirmalya Darsanam 4:05 AM
Abhishekam 4:30 AM
Udayasthamanapooja 8:00 AM
Kalabhabhishekam 11:30 PM
Uchapooja 12:30 PM
Closing at noon after Uchapooja 1:00 PM
Opening in the evening 4:00 PM
Deeparadhana 6:30 PM
Padipooja (on special days only) 7:00 PM
Pushpabhishekam 7:30 PM
Athazhapooja 8:30 PM
Harivarasanam 9:50 PM
Closing at night after Harivarasanam 10:00 PM
Sabarimala Ayyappa Swamy Temple Address:
Address: Sree Ayyappa Swamy Temple, Periyar Tiger Reserve, Thriveni Bridge, Sannidhanam, Sabarimala, Kerala 689713, India.
District : Pathanamthitta
Location : Sabarimala
State : Kerala
PIN : 689713
Country : India